Wednesday 28 March 2012

Learning to say no!


My partner is always telling me I'm too nice to people. I mostly only realise someone has been using me after they have already done it, and kind of passive-aggressively watch it happen to myself, debating internally.


The other day I was accosted with my baby by someone trying to sell me something in a shopping centre. I was having a long, hard day, and was wearing Indy on my front. I was enjoying getting out of the house with her, and we were in our own little world, talking to each other as we walked around. I heard some guy call out to me, so I turned around. He then asked me to buy something. I just said no, and kept walking. It felt liberating to refuse to do something, even something as trivial as saying no to a kid trying to do his job.

No comments:

Post a Comment