Friday 13 April 2012

Cookie Time!

I don't eat a lot of junk food, but I am a sucker for home-baked cookies. I've adapted the same recipe for years, adding or subtracting ingredients and fiddling with measurements. This is a simple version I made today.

Happy Baking! xx

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

150g butter, at room temperature
1 egg
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 3/4 cups plain flour
300g block Top Deck (or about a cup of choc chips, hazelnuts, pecans.... be adventurous!)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence (optional. I usually forget to put it in, and my biscuits still taste great!)

Cream butter and sugars together, add egg and vanilla, mix.

Add flour, and when combined, add chopped chocolate and mix to distribute around the dough.

Refrigerate for 10 minutes to firm the dough: preheat oven to 160C, and line a cookie sheet with baking paper.

Roll dough into balls, place on an oven tray, and cook for ten minutes, or until juuust starting to turn golden. These biscuits taste best a little raw, I think, so keep a close eye on the time.

Enjoy some while they are still warm and slightly gooey! Or go for the "cookies and milk" option.

What's your favourite comfort snack?

No comments:

Post a Comment